My Blog List

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Aviation Dreams to Reality

The aviation industry is very diverse and is made up of many different professions. All of which are important in the makeup of what aviation is. That being said, those in the aviation industry are generally very passionate about aviation. Many of these people got into aviation because they spent much of their childhood looking into the sky.  I am one of those people.

My name is John Knox and my aviation aspirations came at a very young age. My family vacations to several places across the United States had always began and ended with an airport. I had always been very eager to get on these passenger planes. I was always the kid that had to have the window seat. There are many people in my family that were pilots. My grandfather was a flight instructor in WWII who continued to fly after the war and my uncle is a corporate pilot. I had always been very interested in aviation, however, when I was 16 years old I was given a ride with my grandfathers old friend in a Cessna 180 Skywagon on floats. I had a blast! From that point on I knew I wanted to be a professional pilot.

I am currently a senior at Eastern Michigan University studying to get a Bachelors of Science in Aviation Flight Technology. I currently hold my commercial pilot certificate for airplane single engine land  with instrument rating. I will be doing my commercial multi-engine add on soon followed by working on CFI. I am planning to graduate this April and continue my flight training.  As far as flight training goes,  I would like to ultimately be a certified flight instructor-instrument and Multi-engine instructor. 

My future goals would consist of teaching students as a Certified Flight Instructor. I would love to teach for the university I attend as I have become very accustomed to the area and I enjoy the work environment. I am very much looking foreword to being able to teach students how to fly as I enjoy the process of teaching. I wouldn't mind being a CFI for some time. This would ultimately allow me to build my hours. Ultimately, I would love to work for Endeavor Air working my way up to captain.

Two topics that I have a particular interest in regarding aviation is the status of UAV's in the aviation world and the topic of pilot shortage. I have a lot of interest in the UAV topic because I think that UAV's are going to become very prominent in the industry as they are already on the rise for uses such as real estate marketing. I have a lot of interest in this field. The pilot shortage topic I have a huge interest in because it effects me directly as my ultimate goal is to be a professional pilot. Two separate topics that I would have interest in is what is being done to make ads-b available to all general aviation aircraft by the year 2020. I would also be interested in hearing more about how  supersonic jet passenger services are being put back into reality after supersonic flight was deemed uneconomical years ago when the Concorde retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment